Wednesday 20 August 2014

A big anniversary



The tweetest couple


I had a lot of fun making this card, and it all came together really quickly too. I had in my pattern paper, this back ground that had a bushy plant on the side, and it just screamed for a bird to be in it. So with that, I cut out some clouds in the pattern paper, then adhered it to some plain shite card stock. Then I stamped and cut out with a small white border two birds, a bird house, and an extended banner on some white card stock, stamped in the "happy anniversary" and coloured them in using water colour pencils., put them aside to dry, then stamped out the large heart flower stamp. I used water colour pencils for this too, however the pattern paper is not water friendly, so I had to be very careful not to add too much water on it. I then wrote the sentiment and framed it with blue card stock (not my best choice of colour, lol), by then the pictures were dry and ready to adhere. I faced the two birds looking at each other, because they represent two love birds on their anniversary, placed the birdhouse behind the smaller bird as though she had jumped out of the nest and placed the bigger bird on the heart flower as though it was a gift from him to her. I adhered all the cut out with foam squares for a bit of dimension, added the card front to a 8 by 5.5 inch card base, and that was this big anniversary card done.

No comments:

Post a Comment